Monday, September 21, 2009

Phillies cards galore on the way- soon time for a new top 10!!!

Alright, I'm a sucker for big collections of Phillies cards for sale on Ebay. Getting those packages on the doorstep can be a lot like christmas day, riffling through those cards, and seeing if there are any unexpected prizes mixed in there.

With that said, I'm also not a fan of owning 6 or 7 of the same 1989 Donruss Steve Bedrosian card, so I try and be selective and only bid on auction lots that might contain some cards of interest. This weeding out leaves very few auction lots that look promising.

Another plus to these purchases is getting everything on the cheap.

I think this $5 purchase (with $10 shipping) might be an one of those interesting, and clearly affordable lots- and if it's not, it'll still be fun to blog about :)



The lot is advertised as:

"1000+ card lot of Vintage Phillies"

· Phillies cards from the early 70’s through the 80’s

· Mixture of stars and commons. A few examples listed below plus the pics

· Cards are generally NM-MT.

· Great lot for a Phillies collector

· There are a few 90’s cards mixed in but probably not more than 25 or so

Some cards included are:

96 Donruss and Leaf Mike Schmidt cards

Assortment of 87 Fleer Mini’s

Over a dozen Steve Carlton cards

Over a dozen Mike Schimdt cards

71 Topps Jim Bunning Ex-Mt

Bobby Abreu Rookie

1999 Upper Deck Black Diamond Desi Relaford Serial numbered 552/1500

Willie Montanez Rookie Ex+

78 Topps Larry Bowa

77 Topps Greg Luzinski


I like that it's not containing a ton of 90's cards- 70's and 80's cards are almost always better in completing my team sets.

So that's a start- as soon as I open up my bounty, I'll go ahead and count down my favorite top ten cards in the lot. The serial numbered Desi Relaford might be locked in to the top ten- time will tell :)

No comments: